Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Monday, April 12, 2010

is it time for a pet?




kyle has been asking me if he can have a pet already for the past weeks. he was asking for a hamster, a dog/puppy, a lizard (gasp!) and other pet-worthy pets. i told him he can if he can answer this basic question:

will you clean up your pet after he poops and pees?

so far the answer is still a resounding NO, he would even say that poop and pee are yucky things and he will never touch those. that he even asked my why he should be the one cleaning u after his pet, isn't it my job to do that? (raising my eyebrows to high heavens). i had to explain to him that i do the cleaning/bathing etc for them because i'm their mommy and wen they're bigger, they'll choose to do those things on their own. pets can't do that.

so that means he's still not ready for one. i explained to him that having a pet is a big responsibility. you not only feed it, but also clean up and take care of it after.

although there are days when he asks me if he's ready to have a pet to take care of. and i just keep on asking him the same question. if he's willing to clean up after his pet then for sure, hubby and i would be willing to give him one. maybe starting with a pet hamster too.

let's wait and see.

No comments: