Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

separation anxiety all over again

kade has turned 9 months yesterday and he has discovered another milestone/feat. whenever i leave him in the crib to grab something quick, he would wail, and call out to me. or whenever i hand him over to his dad for some little daddy-son bonding, he protests, which, to hubby's dismay. i feel bad for hubby that sometimes he gets the impression that his bunso doesn't want him that much vs me. but of course he went through the same thing with our two boys before. it's just heartbreaking to see him that way.

he often jokes that our sons prefer me over him, but i've assured him a hundred times that by the time they reach grade school (which is not far by the looks of it since kyle's in kinder already) they'll be the best of friends and mommy will be the enemy.

but really, deep inside, i love the attention i get from my boys when they were this young. that i am their star, the only thing they need. well, now it's only kade who's doing it for me. kyle and keon have grown up to do things on their own and usually needs me when they want milk or go to the potty.

how time flies so fast that soon enough, these three boys would be so embarrassed to let me kiss them to death, smell their feet and armpits, cuddle and make funny noises before bedtime.

i think i'm the one having separation anxiety for the past 5 years now. hahaha

No comments: