Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

PPBC9: hey Shawty, it's your birthday!

Hosted by Doc Joey

Topic of the week: BIRTHDAYS!

~!~

My entry is quite short and simple, but it was one of the best memories ever that we can tell our kids and grandkids.

it was the first birthday of our firstborn, Kyle. July 15,2006 MCDonalds Greenbelt. Everyone special was there. Close family and friends were there to celebrate the birthday of the first grandchild and great grandchild in my mom's side and the first male grandchild and great grandchild in hubby's side of the family.

Little did they know that it was a double celebration. we were waiting for the right moment.

when it was our turn to share our message/birthday wish to kyle, i gave the chance to hubby to tell the whole world that kyle is going to be a big brother in 6 month's time. imagine the shock and happiness in the faces of those who heard the good news. it was a memorable moment indeed. i was blessed with child again, and a healthy offspring to call my own.

and as i type this entry, i recall another birthday - my mom's which falls on the eve of new year, so it's always a double celebration with the family. never ending food.

the memorable part was, my uncles and aunts were able to get my mom and dad drunk. they were wasted than a college student. mom was laughing loudly that usual, dad was upstairs, puking. that was by the way, the first and last time my mom let her siblings give her something to drink. it was a great relief to see my mom, for once let her hair down and just go with the flow.

and so, these 2 birthdays tops the list when i get to share it with family and when the kids grow up.

1 comment:

bing said...

memorable indeed.. i was caught with my silliest acts when i first got drunk. the kids were laughing at me the following day. now i know how to carry myself when i'm drunk he he