Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

i may not win the mother of the year award...

because...

1. i let my kids sleep late on weekends. and let them watch tv with me and hubby.
2. i let them have a taste of coke, chips, ice cream and the other stuff that falls under the junk food category. better let them experience it than deprive them.
3. when i'm tired or wanting to get more sleep, i ask their yayas to look after them for a while.
4. i let them stay longer when we give them baths. a few minutes of playtime with water.
5. the tv with cartoons are our savior when the kids have tantrums.
6. it doesn't hurt to have dirty hands, feet or faces once in a while.
7. if i'm not in the mood to feed them, daddy or yaya takes over and i get to sneak in a few minutes of me time.
8. we've taught kyle to sit properly in the passenger side of the car - with his seat belt on when he turned 2. now it's keon's turn.
9. i let them whine and cry until they get tired.
10. i learned to be a mom not from books, but how i see them growing up and learning from my mistakes.
11. i let them sleep without brushing their teeth if they don't feel like it.

if that makes me unqualified as mom of the year. it's ok with me.

credits to Jen for the inspiration for this post. read hers and see that there are a lot of non mothers of the year but still the best moms ever!

No comments: