Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farewell King of Pop

after sending off my son to school this morning, i got an SMS from my bestfriend. it was a simple message: RIP Michael Jackson. i had to read it thrice to take it all in before i could reply back to her.

i was in utter disbelief. an icon. a living legend. gone.

in a way, he was a big part of me growing up. i basically saw him "transform". his songs were upbeat, had a message, and in a way can relate to anyone. he was that awesome, next to the beatles and elvis.

now he's gone. at age 50, he has left us - quite abruptly. it may be all the things he did to himself throughout his career or it was just God's way of telling him to slow down and rest. either way, i hope he's in a happy place.

rest in peace king of pop. you will surely be missed. your legacy will live on...

sharing the photo they took while trying to revive him, but failed.

SOURCE

No comments: