My life unplugged
my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.
Friday, June 13, 2008
a father's day tribute: 10 best things about dad
since it's father's day on sunday, and a lot of father's day memes circulating the blogoshpere. i'm going to join in.
here are my 10 best things about aishi as a dad:
1. his love for his kids is the same as the love a mom first laid eyes on her baby after giving birth. sometimes, he's not aware that i see the look in his eyes while watching his little boys. it's so hard to put into words the exact moment. but i guess you really can't define unconditional love.
2. no matter how tired he is from work, he makes sure to spend quality time with his boys - and me. we both believe it's quality over quantity when it comes to the kids. with the kind of work we are in, we can't leave the office while the sun still shines.
3. he knows how to get along with the kid's temperaments and personality.
4. he's not afraid to wash their bums, wipe up vomit, change a dirty nappy, prepare milk in the middle of the night, get peed on, to get food thrown at him. he's a mommy in a daddy disguise.
5. the way he tells his friends stories about our kids, amazing! like he's telling the best story in the world. even if gets retold everytime.
6. his dedication to involve our kids into sports at an early age. and into the things they want - music, books, anything creative that lets them think.
7. he lets our kids be independent. to think independently. even if deep inside he's struggling to help them every step of the way.
8. the way he and the kids have their own funny moments. he has his own secret jokes with the kids.
9. you can only hear the most genuine, heartfelt, overflowing with love laughter when he's with the kids.
10. and most of all - he knows how to give attention equally to the kids - and me. for some quality one on one moment to bond with them.
to the best dad god my kids, Happy Father's day! Love you!!
and of course to my dada, who has been one cool dad / lolo all these years.
from our family to yours, happy father's day to the dads in your family.