Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

PS I Love You

After 10 million years of reading the book, I finally got hold of the movie adaptation of Cecilia Ahern’s PS I love You. Initially I planned on watching it alone since from day one, aishi would never watch sappy, tear jerking love stories with me. But last night was different and I was surprised.

I finally set up the laptop on my side of the bed, aishi asked what I’m going to watch. He said he’ll take a look for a good few minutes of the movie then head off to sleep. But wouldn’t you know, he was there beside me from start to finish. With a few side comments on the side. Not necessarily in connection to the movie. But more of a lambing hirit.

At the start of the movie, tears were welling up in my eyes already. It was that good. There were lines that were worth taking note of and remembering forever. Aishi was puzzled why I was crying on certain scenes of the movie. To which I retorted: hindi ka ban a-touch sa sinabi? Hindi ka ba affected sa situation? And to which the answer was, hindi, eh movie lang yan eh.

Fine. Great. So much for a sensitive husband eh?

All in all, I loved the book, and I loved the movie. This one will be in my list of movies to watch over and over again.

And of course, this post wouldn’t be complete without the quotable-quotes:

Gerry : [holding Holly by the shoulders] What do you want? I know what I want, cause I'm holding it in my hands.

Gerry Kennedy: [calms Holly] Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face.

Gerry Kennedy: Dear Holly, I don't have much time. I don't mean literally, I mean you're out buying ice cream and you'll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you.

Now let’s all say awww…

Oh and did I mention, Gerard Butler is one hot man. And the accent… *swoon*

Now, I have to get the other books by Cecilia ahern. And she’s just my age… galling!!

1 comment:

MrsPartyGirl said...

may dvd ako niyan pero hindi ko pa rin napapanood hehe. si toni (wifelysteps) ang nagturo sa akin ng direction papunta kay cecelia ahern. papanoorin ko na nga yan. :)