Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

6 years...

I’m going to meet up with my college friends after 6 long years. The last time I saw them was when we graduated, we’ve gone our separate ways and pursued our own careers. Literally 6 long years.

It just equates that I have also been working for 6 years. Fresh our of college, I had a job waiting for me. I lasted 6 months. It wasn’t the career path I wanted. I took it for the experience.

A month after, I was working in a bank for as a junior assistant manager for customer service. The title sounds so proper and high paying, but behind that I was on the phone all day talking to clients, answering inquiries, requests and most of all complaints. Can’t complain really and answer back, I was under customer service, you got to have a smile on your face. Everytime. I got tired of the job after a year and 9 months. the upside though is here is where i met hubby. =)

Then worked for an internet search engine. Found my passion and I felt I’ll stay in this industry longer. I did, 2 years and 6 months I think. Had two kids during that. But somewhere along the way, people changed and I wasn’t or didn’t like the change at all.

Took a break, became a full time mom for about 6 months, found another job, stayed there for 4 months. Politics became quite dirty. It was like working in the government. For some reason, I think my boss hated my guts, the way I work and the way how I easily made friends. (in short – insecure).

Currently, working for almost 2 months in one of the companies I have dreamed of being part of. It was all under “how I wish I could work for this oompany” and here I am. And this time I have this gut feeling that I’m going to last longer than 2 years.

Not unless we migrate earlier than expected though. =)

Looking forward to catching up with my friends too.

-funny how this blog entry was supposed to be about meeting up with my friends, turned into a flashback of who I worked for.

That’s what I get for free writing/typing.

No comments: