Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

My life unplugged

my daily thoughts and ramblings on motherhood, raising my kids, being a wife and everything else in between that matters in our life.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

mommy's day off

Dining out with the mommies - March 12, 2008

So I took a mommy’s day off last night along with the other mommies I had met in this forum we frequent. And I must say, these mommies I met do not look like mommies at all! ( well, based on typical descriptions of moms – none of them, well, ok, us don’t fit that description) we all looked young and energetic but deep inside we were screaming for more sleep and quite/me time. Right mommies?

It was a fun get together. Along with great food and conversations. Majority of the mommies were armed with cameras, including me. We were documenting everything – much like documenting our babies’milestones. I had a great time.

It is rare that I get to be with people of the same gender as I am. I am usually seen around boys/men because personally I find myself more at ease, but I’m not saying that I don’t like the company of women? I also crave the long converdations about anything and everything. Being with men, sometimes conversations get a bit old. With women, you’ll never run out of things to talk about.

But I digress…

As I was saying, being with my mommy friends was fun! We were boasting of our kid’s milestones without the mockery and the silent thoughts that we’re really “mayabang”” because the mommies knew that it’s ok to boast about your kids, your birthing story, the ups and downs of being a parent and just being a mommy in general.

And so to you ladies, I hope we get to do this quite often if our schedules permit us and if our kids would let us.

Sa uulitin and I really had a great time! Pictures will be uploaded in multiply. =)



~~

Side story:

I asked my dad if he could fetch me after the get together which he did. Halfway on the road going home, I had the urge to pee. I rally hate those moments when you’re en-route to going home, in the middle of edsa, your baldder starts to create a commotion and demands that you empty it right away. Which I didn’t, I had to endure 15 minutes more of pee stopping before reaching home.

I hate you bladder! Next time you want to empty yourself, make sure we’re within the vicinity of a bathroom.

No comments: